Updated May 25, 2018
This notice falls under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Who We Are
Mondoweiss is an independent website devoted to informing readers about developments in Israel/Palestine and related US foreign policy. We provide news and analysis unavailable through the mainstream media regarding the struggle for Palestinian human rights.
The website is fiscally sponsored by The Center for Economic Research and Social Change (CERSC), a nonprofit organization that is tax-exempt in the United States under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions are tax-deductible in the United States as allowed by relevant law, and other jurisdictions may also have applicable law governing such donations.
Our postal address:
P.O. Box 442380
Detroit, MI 48244
- Primary website: mondoweiss-staging.y57b05d5-liquidwebsites.com;
- Any sites launched on a sub-domain of mondoweiss-staging.y57b05d5-liquidwebsites.com;
- Online store: store.mondoweiss-staging.y57b05d5-liquidwebsites.com;
- Fundraising portal: mondoweiss.kindful.com
How To Contact Us
Personal Data We Collect May Include
- Email address;
- Website URL;
- Social Media handle;
- Newsletter: opens, clicks, opt-ins;
- Comments submitted by users;
- Support inquiries submitted by email;
- Information collected when you make a donation or purchase may include: Names, email address, mailing and billing addresses, phone number, credit card or bank information.
Consent to Collect
We collect data from users that have created accounts with us on our websites. We ask for consent during the account creation process with a checkbox. A link to this page is provided during the account creation process. The legal basis for us to collect the data is to be able to provide you with a service.
Your Data, Your Rights
- You can request a copy of your data which we will provide within 30 days;
- You can request your data to be anonymized which we will do within 30 days;
- While we will do everything we can to keep our service secure, in the event of a data breach or misuse, we will inform our users of what happened and what we have done to put it right within 30 days.
Services and Third Parties
Mondoweiss never shares or resells any of our data. However, we do use third-party services to store and manage data for the following purposes:
- Email marketing;
- Social media marketing;
- Communications among Mondoweiss staff;
- Website analytics;
- Merchandise sales
Length of Data Collection
Mondoweiss will keep identifiable data for an undetermined amount of time or until the user asks us to anonymize and / or delete their data.
Who Has Access to Our Data?
- Data at Mondoweiss is not shared or sold with any third party.
- Staff and contractors of Mondoweiss and our fiscal sponsor CERSC have access to users’ data for the purpose of providing services.